by Nick Holmes on February 22, 2012
I received a Press Release today. Normally these go straight in the bin, but this one grabbed my attention as it was good advice and the accompanying Top 10 SEO tips are spot on.
Research carried out by digital marketing specialists Add People for leading Manchester PR agency RMS shows that law firms are more likely to attract and convert clients searching for niche phrases than generic searches (ie by targeting the so-called “long tail”).
Grant Barton, managing director of Add People, said:
Too many firms focus on being found for the wrong keywords. Being number one in Google for “London law firm” doesn’t convert as many clients as being number one for something more niche like “dispute with fellow directors” if you’re a business lawyer. …
To give a simple analogy, someone searching for “shoes” is going to be less likely to be in buying mode than someone searching for “size ten tennis shoes”. Law firms need to get to grips with the habits of internet users and ensure their services are easily found through SEO tactics.
The top SEO tips:
1) Generate fresh content for your website on a daily basis
2) Focus on getting links back to your site from a diversity of different sites and blogs
3) Use social media to ‘seed’ your content across the web
4) Use keyword rich URLs for each page of your site
5) Have unique page descriptions and titles for each page of your site
6) Register your firm with Google Places so you can be found on map searches
7) Create a blog and link back to your main site
8) Encourage happy clients to link back to your own website by giving them useful content
9) Create short videos relevant to your work and ensure they are tagged with target keywords
10) Ensure an analytics package is installed so you can track all the visitors to your site